Weekend GP appointments are now available at a number of practices across Castle Point and Rochford to make it easier for patients to see a GP or nurse.
Appointments are now available from two GP hubs in Canvey and Rayleigh. The service will offer access to a GP and nurse between 10am-3pm. Appointments need to be pre-booked but can be booked on the day. Patients should contact their GP practice in the normal way for more information, or click here for numbers to call on the day.
Dr Kashif Siddiqui, Chair of NHS Castle Point and Rochford CCG said: “It is important to note that this is not a walk in service and people will need to book appointments. For all non-emergency healthcare advice, patients should call NHS 111, A&E is for life threatening conditions only.”
A patient who attended the weekend service said: “I was extremely grateful to be able to get this weekend appointment, as I have just returned from holiday on the Friday and would have had to wait until the Monday.”
Patients are also reminded:
- To keep a well-stocked medicine cabinet - most minor ailments can be dealt with at home
- If you are unwell and you’re not sure where to go, call NHS 111, a free service available 24 hours a day. They can provide clinical assessment and advice and direct you to the best health service for your ailment.
- Speak to your local pharmacist - they can recognise and resolve many common health issues
- Be mindful that sometimes symptoms can last longer than you think - sore throats can last an average of eight days
- Don’t forget, antibiotics don’t work on sore throats, coughs or colds
Appointments are run from two hubs:
- Audley Mills Surgery, 57 Eastwood Road, Rayleigh SS6 7JF
- Hawkesbury Road Surgery, 1A Hawkesbury Road, Canvey Island SS8 0EX - 01268 682303