Castle Point and Rochford CCG is a Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) in south east Essex. We have recently been shortlisted as 'CCG of the Year' in the 2016 HSJ Awards, for more information, click here. A CCG is a group of GPs and clinicians who commission (buy) health services for their local communities. NHS Castle Point and Rochford CCG is one of 65 CCGs in the country, (the only CCG in the East of England), to be authorised to assume full responsibility for co-commissioning general practice services from 1 April 2015. Our role is to specify outcomes that we want to achieve for our population, and then contract with providers to provide care to achieve those outcomes. We are committed to ensuring the provision of local, high quality services that meet the specific needs of our population.
The area we cover
Our catchment area is sub-divided into two district localities, namely Castle Point Borough Council area and Rochford District Council area. We serve a population of approximately 182,000 and approximately 22 -24% of our population are over 65, with over 75s amounting to just over 9%.
Our values describe how we work and the guiding principles that underpin all of our decision making processes. We are committed to behaving and working in this way in all areas of our business.
- We listen to patients, members, staff and partners.
- We are prepared to do things differently to improve care.
- We are committed to working with our partners.
- We are ambitious and innovative.
- We are compassionate.
- We are committed to making our plans happen.
(Click image to enlarge)
Our vision is to create a healthier and more sustainable future for people in Castle Point and Rochford.
Through commissioning the right care in the right place we hope that over time we will see a shift from our current position where many people are acutely unwell and require complex care in hospital settings, to more people taking responsibility for their own health and wellbeing, with more care being delivered in the community and closer to patients’ homes.
Our corporate objectives
Our corporate objectives set out what we want to achieve for our local community. We will:
- Ensure quality services with a valued workforce
- Involve and listen to those affected by decisions
- Work better, together as a health system to ensure sustainability
- Deliver constitutional standards and manage the delivery of health services within our budget.
(click image to enlarge)
'CCG of the year'
We were awarded 'CCG of the year' in the Primary Care Today awards in October 2015. For more information click here.
Our Year 2015-16
This video is a snapshot of our projects and achievements in 2015-16
You can read more about us and our plans in the documents below:
- pdf Annual Report and Accounts 2016-17 (3.03 MB)
- pdf Annual Report & Accounts 2015-16 (4.78 MB)
- pdf Annual Report and Accounts 2014-15 (2.80 MB)
- pdf Our year 2014-15 (2.97 MB) - a summary version of our annual report 2014-15
- pdf Castle Point and Rochford CCG Operational Plan 2014-16 (1.89 MB)
- pdf Castle Point and Rochford CCG Constitution (1.64 MB)
- pdf Delivering our strategy Oct 2015 (1.24 MB)